[iTunes]: itpc://feeds.feedburner.com/implive “Subscribe in iTunes”
[RSS]: http://feeds.feedburner.com/implive “Subscribe via RSS”
[InstaCast]: pcast://feeds.feedburner.com/implive “Subscribe with InstaCast”
[Twitter]: http://twitter.com/impodcast “Follow IMP on Twitter”
[ScreenCasts Online]: http://www.screencastsonline.com/scoaffiliates/jrox.php?id=378_1_bid_7 “Subscribe to ScreenCasts Online”
Subscribe to IMP Live ! : [iTunes] / [RSS] / [InstaCast]
This week’s panel are Bart Busschots, Stu Helm, Julie Kuehl, Grant Butler, Jeff Gamet, Tim Chaten and Nicholas Montgomery
Thanks for your continued support of IMP, especially as we’ve hit our 200 episode milestone. We wouldn’t be here without your support and we hope you enjoy the show! We’d love to hear from you so send your email / audio clips to email@example.com. You can also join us live over at http://impodcast.tv/live where you can chat with fellow listeners and the panel during the show, watch our [Twitter] stream for show days and times.
If you want to enter the give-away for all the cool stuff we have for you just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the app / product you’d like to be entered for the draw for. The give-away closes at midnight BST on Friday 18th May 2012, we’ll pick the winners shortly after that and contact you all with more details.
Don’t forget you can support us when you check out [ScreenCasts Online], become a member for a fresh tutorial every week from the fantastic Don McAllister.
We also have the new IMP Skyline Mug created especially for IMP Live 200, perfect for your coffee / tea / Iced Soy Chai Latte or other hot drink, it’s also available in other styles, including a travel mug.
This week’s show notes, including links to the panel’s picks, all the stories we cover and details of our give-aways to celebrate our 200th episode can be found after the break.
Security Sweep (Bart)
- Adobe’s fix security flaws in CS6, refuse to back-port fixes even to CS5.5, tell users to fork over the cash for CS6, or just “be careful” – via Sophos Naked Security Blog
- Apple patches OS X & Safari – via Sophos Naked Security Blog
- OS X patch includes fix to a nasty bug in FileVault 1 – via ars technica
- Apple release iOS 5.1.1 – via Apple
- MS release critical patch for Office – via Microsoft
- 2 copies each of Doc Merge and File Stitcher. Thanks to Christian Miller from Pariahware for donating these codes.
- Jeff: ‘Lost’ 1984 ‘Ghostbusters’ Apple spoof ad surfaces – via Mac Observer
- Nicholas: Apple to split the cost of improving Foxconn’s working conditions – via Mac Observer
- Stu: Apple’s new SVP of Retail, John Browett, sends out introductory e-mail to Apple Store employees – via MacRumors
- Bart: Apple jumps to #17 in Fortune 500 list – via MacRumors
- Grant: Free 20GB of iCloud Storeage for Mobile Me users extended till Sept. 30 – via ars technica
GIVEAWAY: Alfred PowerPack
- One copy of the Alfred PowerPack. Thanks to Vero from Running With Crayons for donating the licenses.
- Jeff: Adobe Creative Suite 6 and Creative Cloud launch – via TUAW
- Tim: Lightroom 4 comes to the MAS (with some caveats) – via Adobe
- One copy of TextExpander, two copies of DiscLabel and one copy of PDFPenPro for Mac. Thanks to Jean MacDonald from Smile for donating the licenses.
iOS EcoSystem News
- Tim: Will iOS 6 replace Google Maps data with Apple owned solutions? – via The Mac Observer
- Apple acknowledge use of Open Street Map data in iPhoto – via ars technica
- Grant: Amtrak conductors adopting iPhone’s to verify tickets – via MacRumors
- Stu: British Parliament buys 650 iPads – via Obama Pacman Blog
- Julie: Judge throws out Proview iPad Trademark case in US – via Reuters
- Jeff: Apple & Samsung cut some patent claims to keep July 30 trial date – via ars technica
- One WoodPad (iPad or iPhone, winner’s choice) to give-away. Thanks to James Turner for donating the WoodPad.
Apple Competitor Watch
- Bart: Google said to face fine over Apple Safari 3rd party cookie block work around – via Bloomberg
- Stu: HP defends claims their new Spectre Ultrabook design copies the MacBook Air – via MacRumors
- Julie: Proview rejects $16m settlement offer from Apple over iPad trademark – via Mac Observer
- Stu: Apple claim that Samsung destroyed and withheld “vast quantities” of evidence – via TUAW